Have you a kids birthday party coming up and wondering what fun party games to play? Check out some of these ideas for inspiration.
- “Musical Chairs” – This classic game is a hit with kids of all ages. Set up chairs in a circle and play music while children walk around the chairs. When the music stops, they must quickly find a seat. The child left without a seat is eliminated, and one chair is removed each round until there is one winner.
- “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” – This fun party game is perfect for younger children. Draw a donkey on a large piece of paper and cut out tails for the children to pin on the donkey. Blindfold the children and give them each a tail to pin on the donkey. The child whose tail is closest to the correct spot wins.
- “Hot Potato” – This game is a great way to get kids moving. Have the children sit in a circle and pass a potato (or any small object) around while music plays. When the music stops, the child holding the potato is out. The last child remaining is the winner.
- “Treasure Hunt” – This game is a lot of fun for older kids. Hide small prizes around the party area and give the children clues to find them. The child who finds the most prizes wins.
5. “Pass the Parcel” – This game is a great way to keep children entertained during a party. Wrap a small prize in several layers of wrapping paper and have the children sit in a circle. Play music and have the children pass the parcel around while the music plays. When the music stops, the child holding the parcel unwraps one layer. The child who unwraps the last layer wins the prize.
6. “Limbo” – This game is a hit with kids of all ages. Set up a limbo stick and have the children take turns going under it while music plays. Each round, lower the stick a bit, and the child who can still go under it without touching it wins.
7. “Red Light, Green Light” – This is a classic game that is easy to play and great for younger children. One child is chosen to be the “stoplight” and stands at one end of the playing area. The other children stand at the other end. The “stoplight” says “green light” and the children move towards the stoplight. When the “stoplight” says “red light” the children must stop. The first child to reach the stoplight becomes the new stoplight.
8. “Three-Legged Race” – This game is a lot of fun and perfect for older children. Pair children up and tie their inside legs together with a bandana or cloth. The pair who finishes the race first wins.
9. “Duck, Duck, Goose” – This game is a classic and perfect for young children. Children sit in a circle and one child walks around the circle, tapping each child on the head and saying “duck” until they tap one and say “goose”. The “goose” then chases the “tapper” around the circle, trying to catch them before they sit back down in the “goose’s” spot.
10. “Tug of War” – This game is perfect for older children. Divide the children into two teams and have them hold onto opposite ends of a rope. The team that pulls the other team across a line wins.
Bonus Game: Cubefun a fun dice game to get kids jumping like monkeys or flying like parrots. Created by me during lockdown to keep my boys entertained it has become a firm party favourite. Add it to your list of fun party games to play now.
Check out my website www.cubefun.co.uk for all the fun themes.